Proper vacuuming is the easiest and most effective way to keep your carpet clean. Regular vacuuming can also have the largest impact on the air you breathe.
To get the most out of your vacuuming , remember these few easy tips:
- A quick once-over won’t do it. Slow and steady does the trick.
- When vacuuming, don’t ignore those corners and crevices where dust builds.
- If you are doing a total dusting and polishing job, do it first then that way you can vacuum up any fallen dust from the dusting.
- Remember to replace or empty vacuum bags when they get about 2/3 full
How Often Should You Vacuum?
As a rule of thumb, you should vacuum at least once a week with a quality vacuum cleaner. However, the more foot traffic over your carpet, the more you need to vacuum. The general formula is:
- Vacuum daily in high-traffic or pet areas.
- Vacuum twice weekly in medium-traffic areas.
- Vacuum weekly in light-traffic areas, using attachments at carpet edges.